Monday, June 15, 2009

This is the purpose.

You know those moments of intense thinking that you might have throughout a day? Like those moments that cause you to say "ah ha!" or like when your sitting on a toilet and God speaks to you, giving you this sudden epiphany, realization, or whatever. I think it was when God decided to meet me while I was cleaning the lint from behind my ears in the shower yesterday that I noticed I have these moments a lot. The sad thing is, is that an hour later, that thought is gone; not completely, but it's never the same as when I first had the thought. I have had a habit in the past few months to counteract the forgetfulness. I tried to carry around some form of notebook, journal, or napkin, just something that would allow me to write the thought down so I could keep it. I still try to and it works well. But sometimes I might have a thought that is more like "a thought for the kingdom" or I might say "maybe I should share that thought". Not that my ideas are anything special or really worthy of sharing at all; my writing is not even great and for all I know could be quite boring or full of errors, but sometimes I just want to.

So that is what this whole blog business is all about - another way for my thoughts to leak out; its up to you (whoever might read this) to take or leave and do something or nothing with those thoughts.

My passion is for the knowledge of God. To just think of God, think of theology, understand the reasons why; or at least try to figure out the reasons - maybe even just merely ask the question itself. I just to see if maybe I could cause someone else to have that "ah ha!" moment. Because those are good and those are necessary, and it is how we grow in closeness with God. So that is the idea. If at just the very least this is only me getting out those thoughts, processing them, and chewing on them for myself. But the hope is to spark something, if anything at all.

0 comments: